Did you know there are ways to overcome gum disease? Basic oral hygiene habits are effective at helping fight gum disease. If you have gum disease, the important thing to remember is to find treatment right away. That is why, our periodontist, Dr. Sam Markzar with Beverly Hills Periodontal Arts and Implants in Beverly Hills, California, is happy to help give you this advice on how gum disease can be treated.
Here is a simple list of gum disease treatments:
– Medications: Several medications can increase your risk for gum disease.
– Dentist: A lack of visits to your dentist can increase your risk of gum disease.
– Saliva: Gum disease can often arise if your mouth is not producing enough saliva.
– Lifestyle Changes: Avoid unhealthy lifestyle choices such as smoking.
– Diet: The avoidance of unhealthy snacks can lower your risk for gum disease.
– Cleaning: By continually cleaning out your mouth, you can lower your risk for gum disease. This is especially important after eating meals where debris and plaque buildup may be present.
– Brushing and Flossing: Brushing and flossing each day can drastically lower your risk for gum disease.
If you are ready to seek treatment for your gum disease, then you have come to the right place! Our team is happy to help you conquer gum disease and answer any questions you may have about your oral care. So, call us today at (310) 776-9119 and make an appointment. We look forward to talking with you.